¡Hola Barcelona!

I am so excited to finally be in Barcelona! After months of planning and waiting I can't believe I am finally here! After traveling for 20 hours I finally landed in Barcelona on Tuesday morning. After getting all checked in with my program I made my way to my beautiful apartment in the neighborhood of Clot, about a 20 minute walk from the Sagrada Familia.

    Panoramic from apartment deck


        View from deck with Agbar tower in the distance

    Kitchen and living room

   View from balcony in my room



After I got settled into my apartment I went on a tour of the city center with my program. 
        View of mountains from city center  

    Placa de Catalunya

    Gelato

    Picasso's drawings sculpted into building


After being awake for about 30 hours I was so excited to finally sleep! On day 2 I had orientation and went grocery shopping for the first time. Turns out grocery shopping is very hard when you can't find the normal foods you buy and everything is in Spanish and/or Catalan. It was an experience and I found some yummy new foods to try!


On my third day here I went on a tour of the gothic quarter with my program and it is my favorite place in Barcelona so far! I was so into the tour that i forgot to take pictures but I promise I will go back and take some to post.
Streets by the Gothic Quarter

Cathedral of Barcelona

Indoor garden

Later that night I went to an FC Barcelona game. It was so fun to see how passionate the fans are here!
Camp Nou

My roommates


On the last day of orientation we went for a hike up on Mount Tibidabo.
Views of western side of Barcelona

Views of eastern side of Barcelona


Over the weekend, me and my roommate checked out the Sagrada Familia and went and got some tapas. I didn't take any pictures of the tapas but they were DELICIOUS!
 
Outside the Sagrada Familia at night


Before classes started we decided to go check out the cathedral one more time and look at the history museum there. Underneath the cathedral are ruins from the Roman city that was there before. The cathedral is also the place where Christopher Columbus came to tell Ferdinand and Isabella that he found the New World. 
Old Roman Mosaic from 4 AD

Walls of a Roman building

Where the Romans would store fish

Roman columns

Roman streets

Funerary tombstone from 5th century
Says "Here rests Magnus, loyal child, in peace, who lived for, 3 years"

The cathedral



Monday was my first day of classes on the beautiful Sant Pau campus. I will be taking international business, international marketing strategies, entrepreneurship, and art collections of Spain. 
Sant Pau campus

Inside the building


The other day I went to Parque de la Ciutadella to see the Arc de Triomf and Monumental Cascade. 
Building in the park

Not sure what this building in but it is gorgeous

Me and Allie

Me, Allie, and Noah

Monumental Cascade
(This picture doesn't do it justice, much prettier in person)


That is all I have for now! It has been a jampacked and exciting first week. I am loving Barcelona so far and can't wait to explore more of it!






Comments

Popular Posts